- 5 book recos for Eng Mgrs & Tech Leads (from a Product Mgr's perspective) 1) Peopleware for managing people & projects 2) Super Thinking for frameworks 3) What Got You Here Won't Get You There for adapting 4) Are Your Lights On? for problem solving 5) 7 Powers for strategy https://t.co/vV4P5BKjso
- July 2020 Product Management book recommendations: 1. Super Thinking 2. The War of Art 3. 100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People 4. Alchemy 5. The Cartoon Guide to Statistics 6. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People https://t.co/38LYLjPdu3
- @OwenResistor Good question, I had to think it through before answering. Ultimately, strategy is about disciplined thinking. So I'd start there and c couple of resources come to mind: — Super Thinking (Chapters 1, 6, 9) — Art of Strategy or similar game theory books
- Book recos for new & aspiring managers, with emphasis on practical advice: The Motive What Got You Here Won't Get You There HBR’s 10 Must Reads on Managing Yourself The Charisma Myth Super Thinking HBR’s 10 Must Reads on Managing People The Practicing Stoic The Advantage More👇🏾
- Another must-add to the PM bookshelf: In "Super Thinking", Lauren McCann and @yegg describe hundreds of mental models that can help you become a better thinker and decision maker. https://t.co/3nlet7Hy7B
You want to make better decisions. You want to be right more of the time-professionally and personally. However, being more right consistently is a hard problem because the world is such a complex, evolving place. How do you navigate this complexity? Mental models are decision making tools that guide our perception of the world and our behaviour in it. They help us understand life, make decisions and solve problems. The best models help us make intelligent investments, develop ground-breaking technologies and even travel to outer space. Building on our knowledge of well-known models such as the Bandwagon Effector Paradigm Shiftand introducing us to the lesser known like theEisenhower Matrixor the Boiling Frog Symbol,this indispensable book distills the most effective mental models into a single, digestible volume. It will make even the most complex models accessible and engaging to enable you to make better, more informed decisions in every part of your life.