- @0xLEDev @anthilemoon @liu_cixin Wondrous book 🥰
- @Austen Three Body Problem, and don’t give up after the first book
- @samin Currently reading Three Body Problem so is of interest!
- @levilian1 Three Body Problem is in my backpack right now! Finishing Hegel's Introduction to the Philosophy of History first.
- @nickdawson (looking over my goodreads…) THE THREE-BODY PROBLEM series was probably my favorite read over the last few years. Dense, heady, hard sci-fi. The WAYFARER series by Becky Chambers is fun and funky sci-fi.
- @adviceforbernie Snow Crash, Ted Chiang, Greg Egan, Three Body Problem...
- I just finished "The Three Body Problem". The ideas were immensely clever to be sure, it was just a bit dry. Kind of how I felt reading Sophie's World
- Agree. And it's the book that got me excited again about reading in Chinese :) Should trade notes about the weirdness of translation https://t.co/dGXzaLL97F
- Three Body Problem also very good! Sequel is worth reading too. https://t.co/C8dCgldukO
The Three-Body Problem is the first chance for English-speaking readers to experience this multiple award winning phenomenon from China's most beloved science fiction author, Liu Cixin. Set against the backdrop of China's Cultural Revolution, a secret military project sends signals into space to establish contact with aliens. An alien civilization on the brink of destruction captures the signal and plans to invade Earth. Meanwhile, on Earth, different camps start forming, planning to either welcome the superior beings and help them take over a world seen as corrupt, or to fight against the invasion. The result is a science fiction masterpiece of enormous scope and vision.